By Mike Faloon
TO: Sammy <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Chadster <email@example.com>, Joe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
SUBJECT: Fall Tour Dates?
Strangest thing just happened. I was checking out the News Desk and they've got dates for an East Coast tour this fall. Psyched that the ‘Foot will be bringing it live but it's kinda funny, kinda weird because I didn't know anything about the tour. Checked the day planner, though, and I'm free. (Just have to reschedule something with Angela's parents who are in town that second weekend. No biggie.)
I couldn't sleep last night, though. I know this sounds odd—it feels strange just thinking it—but I wondered if maybe I didn't get the dates on purpose, like you were going to have someone else bring the thunder from down under. Weird, right? Like I said, I couldn't sleep so I got up and thought of the ten best reasons I should be on the tour. Totally not needed, I know, but I thought you'd get a kick out of it.
- Punctual – I'm always early
- Got everything in just two bags
- I've got the bladder of a camel – you never have to pull over for me. I know we've got a john on board the bus, but still.
- I picked up copies of the new Murakami for everyone. (Got it on CD, too, just in case.)
- Fritos? Already packed. Scoops!
- I really enjoy doing the press and radio stuff. VH never gave me a chance. I've really come into my own as a quasi-spokesman. I'm grateful for the opportunity. (1)
- I'll bring all of my Peter Sellers DVDs. (Still not sure what happened to Joe's copy of Being There but I promise not to watch The Party unless everyone's asleep. Or I could just leave it at home. Yep, that's better. Just took it out of my bag.)
- Chex mix? I've got a new recipe that uses Honey Nut Cheerios. And who doesn't love my challah bread French toast with bacon? Challah!
- “I listen to Joe and try to vibe off him and Chad. Not big bass lines where I'm running all over the place…I'm just diggin' in and groovin' to what Joe's playin'…it doesn't need to get that involved as far as the bass lines go…” (2)
- There's only one Jack Daniels bass that I know of!